Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Tonight I install Vista on my MacBook

Three years ago I was stuck, jetlagged, in a Hilton in Palm Springs with time on my hands and a free broadband connection. I had spotted a copy of Suse Linux on the shelf in a Best Buy and, intrigued at Linux available in a high street store, bought it. That night, with some apprehension, I followed the install instructions and allowed it to rezize my NTFS Windows XP Vaio laptop - the only working machine I had, 6,000 mile from home - and installed Suse. It worked perfectly and by the end of the night I was dual-booting XP and Suse Linux with no problem at all.

Tonight, in a Hilton in Manchester (which feels like 6000 miles from home) with a £15 broadband connection for 24 hours - why dont they wear a mask and carry a bag labelled "swag" - I am going to try and dual boot my MacBook between OS X 10.4.9 and Vista! May the best man win! At least that way I will feel I got my money's worth ;-)

This is all because I received a copy of Office 2007 from James who now works for MSFT. I feel I owe it to him to give Vista another go!

No comments: